" Tempus Fugit "

Mesa

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

IF I WAS IN CHARGE....

For those of you who don't know I have been
hauling aggregate foundation material to the
Border Patrol stations on the AZ. MX. Border.

I hauled to the border again today but this time
was to a different border station, a bit farther run.
This run was a 6 hr. round trip instead of 4 but
we still had to make two runs, To get to this
station though witch is 15 miles from the nearest
town & the last mile is rough ass dirt road you
pass through some beautiful but HOT desert.

There is a cattle guard at the end of the pavement
where the dirt road starts, as I was coming back
out from dumping my first load I was about
1/2 mile from the cattle guard and could see a
few more of our trucks coming in but they were
stopped at the guard , that's when the first driver
(Bruce) called me on the CB and asked if I could
back up to the station and tell the Border patrol
that there is a Mexican man laying in the road
and doesn't look good, so I did.

When we got to the cattle guard Bruce and the
other drivers had helped the guy (maybe in his
early 20's) off the road into the shade, he was
in pretty bad shape. Two of our drivers there
are Mexican and had asked the guy how he got there.

As I'm sure you have guessed by now the guy
is illegal, He told them that he had snuck across
the border at night and had gotten lost in the
desert and that he had been out there for 5 days
without food or water when he heard the noise
of the trucks and had CRAWLED out of the desert
brush toward the sound for help.

The Border Patrol Officers called for fire rescue
and an ambulance, now here's where you all
start to hate me. Because our tax dollars pay
for the fire rescue & ambulance and all following
medical care had I been in charge this is what
would have happened.

I would have given him plenty of water even a
Gatorade or two then put him in the back of the
Border Patrol truck & driven him to the nearest
legal Border crossing and then hand him over
to the Mexican Border Police, he's a citizen of
Mexico let them pay for his health care.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the guy is OK I just
don't think we should have to pay for his care.
My recent visit to the Hospital has an $18000
price tag on it, do ya think maybe I could get the
citizens of Mexico to pay that for me?
Yeah me either.

 
Click Here For Thousands Of Free Blogger Templates ~ Pyzam.Com