" Tempus Fugit "

Mesa

Sunday, March 8, 2009

STIMULATE ME !

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence
at the White House. One is from Chicago , another
is from Tennessee , and the third is from Minnesota.

All three go with a White House official to examine
the fence. The Minnesota contractor takes out a tape
measure and does some measuring, Then works
some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure
the job Will run about $900: $400 for materials,
$400 for my crew and $100 profit For me."

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring
and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700:
$300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 Profit
for me."

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure,
but leans over to the White House official and whispers,
"$2,700." The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't
even measure like the other Guys! How did you come
up with such a high figure?"

The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me,
$1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee
to fix the fence." " Done!" replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how the new
stimulus plan will work.

 
Click Here For Thousands Of Free Blogger Templates ~ Pyzam.Com